You must call our office for Confined Space Refresher bookings.
RTO Code CSR
Confined Space Refresher
This course is for who hold current Confined Space competencies and require (industry requirement) the following competencies refreshed.
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSAPMPER300C Issue work permits
- MSAPMPER202A Observe permit work
- MSAPMOHS217A Gas test atmospheres
- MSAPMOHS216A Operate Breathing Apparatus
- PUASAR025A Undertake Confined Space Rescue
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
This confined space refresher training course is structured for persons who are required to enter and work in a confined space as well as persons conducting standby duties or to conduct a confined space rescue.
On successful completion of the course, students will be issued with a Statement of Attendance. The Confined Space Rescue refresher course will receive recognition of refresher training for the units of competency they have been previously issued.
This Confined Space Rescue Refresher training course is designed to refresh students in competencies previously taught over the 2 & 3 day confined space rescue training program into 1 day. The following subjects are covered:
- WH&S Legislation
- Confined Space Regulations
- Codes of Practice & Australian Standards
- Case studies from Industry
- Risk Assessment & Hierarchy of Hazard Control
- Management and Employee Responsibilities
- Developing Site Procedures & Safe Work Methods
- Safe Handling of Equipment
- Ropes and Knots
- Gas Detection
- Breathing Apparatus
- Safe Methods of Entry & Exit of the Confined Space
- Legal Requirements of the standby person
- Initiation of Rescue Personnel
The course is a combination of theory and practical sessions conducted by an experienced confined space trainer and assessor.
Australian Standard 2865-2009 recommends that refresher training is to be conducted every 12 months in order to maintain a safe place of work when working in or on confined spaces.
Maxwell Training Pty Limited
Registered by Australian Skills Quality Authority, Australian Government.