The health and safety of our staff and students is paramount and we have instituted a range of protective measures in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Safety Directive to Students
- Students suffering any symptoms (e.g. sore throat, runny nose, fever, cough etc) must not come onto our premises and must notify us immediately. Our Trainers also have the authority to send away any students showing symptoms.
- Any students who have (or whose resident family members have) travelled internationally in the 14 days prior to training must contact us immediately.
- We may require Doctor’s clearance certificates in the above circumstances.
- Read our full Coronavirus Safety Directive to Students here.
Social Distancing at Training
- We have reduced our student numbers and reconfigured our classroom so that students are seated at least 1.5m apart, with 1 student per desk.
- In each pre-training induction, students are informed of our Safety Directive and the Government’s recommendations on social distancing.
- Practical training tasks are conducted in an open-air environment and have been modified so that students remain at least 1.5m apart at all times.
Hands-On Safety Measures
- All staff & students are temperature tested on arrival and must be under 38˚ Celsius.
- Hand washing is compulsory for all students at the start of day and throughout, such as when eating, using the toilet, smoking etc.
- Students are each issued with a new pen at the start of training.
- Hygienic gloves are provided to each student and must be worn for all practical training tasks and using equipment.
- In CPR training, we will be making reasonable adjustments for the practical assessment and only requiring simulated breaths on manikins, so students’ mouths and faces won’t be touching any surfaces. Dummies are carefully cleaned with antibacterial wipes between users.
- In First Aid training, each student is issued with a face mask and disposable gloves for use during practical demonstrations, and bandages are disposed of at the completion of each course.
- Kitchen and toilet facilities are segregated for training students and office staff.
- Prior to every training course, our cleaners undertake antibacterial cleaning of toilets, hand basins, hand towel dispensers, all door handles and light switches, all desks and chairs, and kitchen and lunch areas.
We are monitoring the situation and the latest advice from authorities, and we assure our students and clients that we are taking all practicable measures to protect health and safety in accordance with available advice.
Please contact us if you have any questions on 1300 MAXWEL (1300 629 935).
Maxwell Recruitment & Training