Confined Space Refresher (1 day)
RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
RIIRIS201E Conduct local risk control
MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
MSAPMPER300C Issue work permits
MSAPMPER202A Observe permit work
MSAPMOHS217A Gas test atmospheres
MSAPMOHS216A Operate Breathing Apparatus
MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
PUASAR025 Undertake Confined Space Rescue
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Note: This course is only for those who hold current confined space units of competencies and require retraining.
This refresher course is structured for workers who are required to enter and work in a confined space, and includes training in conducting standby duties and in confined space rescue including CPR in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
View Course Details
This course is only for those who hold current confined space units of competencies and require retraining to meet best practice and industry standards.
This Confined Space Refresher training course is designed to retrain students in 1 day for the units of competency previously taught in the Confined Space Rescue 3 day course.
Upon successful completion of the course students will be awarded a Statement of Attainment from us provided they supply us with their existing Statement of Attainment/s as follows:
|Unit of Competency||Must have been
|RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces||3 years|
|RIIRIS201E Conduct local risk control||3 years|
|MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit||3 years|
|MSMPER300 Issue work permits||3 years|
|MSMPER202 Observe permit work||3 years|
|MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres||3 years|
|MSMWHS216 Operate breathing apparatus||3 years|
|MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis||3 years|
|PUASAR025 Undertake confined space rescue||3 years|
|HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation||1 year|
To book, contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 MAXWEL (1300 629 935). Note you will be required to provide your existing Statement of Attainment for confined space training prior to the course start date.
Confined Space Refresher
On successful completion, Maxwell Training issues students with a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. Students will only receive recognition for the units of competency they have been previously awarded. These include the following units of competency:
- RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
- RIIRIS201E Conduct local risk control
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMPER300 Issue work permits
- MSMPER202 Observe permit work
- MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
- MSMWHS216 Operate breathing apparatus
- MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
- PUASAR025 Undertake confined space rescue
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This confined space refresher training course is structured for persons who are required to enter and work in a confined space as well as persons conducting standby duties or to conduct a confined space rescue.
Training covers how to work in accordance with Australian Standard 2865-2009 and relevant codes of practice.
Participants will have an understanding of Risk Assessment procedures and permits for confined space work.
Participants will undergo both theory and practical scenarios with an experienced confined space trainer and assessor and training can be completed which will be based upon the individual needs of your workplace.
On successful completion of the course, students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. Students will receive recognition of refresher training for the units of competency they have been previously issued.
This Confined Space Refresher training course is designed to refresh students in competencies previously taught over the 2 & 3 day confined space training program into 1 day. The following subjects covered are:
- WH&S Legislation
- Confined Space Regulations
- Codes of Practice & Australian Standards
- Case studies from Industry
- Risk Assessment & Hierarchy of Hazard Control
- Management and Employee Responsibilities
- Developing Site Procedures & Safe Work Methods
- Safe Handling of Equipment
- Ropes and Knots
- Gas Detection
- Breathing Apparatus
- Safe Methods of Entry & Exit of the Confined Space
- Legal Requirements of the standby person
- Initiation of Rescue Personnel
- The course is a combination of theory and practical sessions conducted by an experienced confined space trainer and assessor
- Australian Standard 2865-2009 recommends that refresher training is to be conducted every 12 months in order to maintain a safe place of work when working in or on confined spaces.
Course duration is one day (approximately 8 hours). Start time is 7.30am – finish time is 3.30pm
Location of Training
Delivered at the Maxwell Training facility, 17 Callistemon Close, Warabrook NSW 2304
Maximum Student Numbers
The total cost is $204.87 plus GST per person
Hold a current (3 years or less) Confined Space qualification.
Students are required to have the physical ability to successfully complete the practical aspects of entering and working in confined spaces and associated tasks. These may include, but are not limited to climbing ladders whilst maintaining three points of contact, donning and wearing a full body harness and being suspended in full body harness, entering and working in a confined space and manual handling
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills are required at a level to read, complete, interpret and communicate workplace documents and procedures and perform basic calculations
- Students are required to pass an LLN assessment
- Theory: classroom based, including PowerPoint presentations, trainer demonstrations and group discussions
- Practical: using safety equipment in multiple simulated work activities
- Multiple choice and short answer written assessment
- Targeted questioning
- Observation of practical skills during simulated work activities
Student Must Provide
- Appropriate clothing including enclosed footwear
- Note: all course resource materials are provided
Additional Student Information
- To view/download the Student Information Handbook, go to the Student Resources page
- To view/download the Complaints and Appeals Policy, go to the Student Resources page
- To view/download the Fee and Refund Policy, go to the Student Resources page
View our video demonstrations of some of the practical skills covered at training:
Terms and Conditions
To view/download the Maxwell Training's Standard Terms and Conditions, go to the Student Resources page
Please telephone us on 1300 MAXWEL (1300 629 935) for upcoming Course dates and for bookings.
|Course Start Date||Time||Available Spaces||Cost||Single Booking||Corporate Booking|
|30 September 2021||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||4||$204.87|
|14 October 2021||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||8||$204.87|
|20 October 2021||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||8||$204.87|
|28 October 2021||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||8||$204.87|
|3 November 2021||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||8||$204.87|
|11 November 2021||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||8||$204.87|
|17 November 2021||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||8||$204.87|
|25 November 2021||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||8||$204.87|
|1 December 2021||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||8||$204.87|
|9 December 2021||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||8||$204.87|
|15 December 2021||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||8||$204.87|
Maxwell Training Pty Limited
Registered Training Organisation (RTO code 41350) delivering nationally approved training courses under the AQF.