The health and safety of our staff, workers and their workplaces is paramount and we have instituted a range of protective measures in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Safety Directive to Workers
- If suffering any symptoms, workers are directed to not come to work until receiving a Doctor’s certificate clearing them for work. In addition, workers are directed to contact us immediately to notify of any symptoms and to keep us updated.
- Workers are directed to notify us if they or their resident family members have travelled internationally in the last 14 days. We may require such workers to have time off work and/or to seek a Doctor’s clearance before attending work.
- All workers are directed to:
- Thoroughly wash hands and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Cover their nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing and go home if feeling unwell.
- Avoid contact with anyone with cold or flu like symptoms outside of work.
- These directives and other information are issued to all workers in our COVID-19 Safety Directive to Workers.
- To reinforce this and to keep workers informed, we are conducting regular (at least weekly) email updates to our workers.
- We ask that our clients promptly inform us in the event any of our workers are absent from their workplace unexpectedly.
Coronavirus and COVID-19 Prevention and Management
- Our Consultants are keeping in regular contact with our workforce in person and by phone & text to monitor their health.
- We have effective remote working systems in place to ensure continuity of our business and contact with our workers.
- All visitors to our premises will be temperature tested and must be under 38˚ Celsius and must clean their hands on entry using alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- We have implemented a 100% online interview process to minimise face-to-face interactions.
- We have adopted workplace policies of open-air meetings, no handshaking or touching, and 1.5m social distancing.
- Our premises are cleaned daily including antibacterial cleaning of bathrooms, door handles, light switches and other areas.
- We are still conducting a face-to-face drug & alcohol testing to ensure we can physically review each candidate.
- We are still conducting Toolbox Talks (outdoors).
Support for Workers
- We encourage our workers to keep in regular contact with us and to let us know if they have any questions.
- We appreciate this situation may present mental as well as physical challenges, and we refer our workers to the following:
- Our Employee Assistance Program delivered through Access Programs
- Coping with Stress During the 2019-nCoV Outbreak by the World Health Organisation
- Looking After Your Mental Health During the Coronavirus Outbreak by Beyond Blue
We are monitoring the situation and the latest advice from authorities, and we assure our workers and clients that we are taking all practicable measures to protect health and safety in accordance with available advice.
Please contact us if you have any questions on 1300 MAXWEL (1300 629 935).
Maxwell Recruitment & Training