CPR (½ day)
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This course covers the skills and knowledge required to perform CPR in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines for workers who may need to provide CPR in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Note: For most of our coursework, students will be provided iPads to complete assessments and forms.
View Course Details
On successful completion, Maxwell Training issues students with a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework for the following unit of competency:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. This unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Perform CPR procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
Course duration is 4 hours.
Location of Training
Delivered at the Maxwell Training facility, 17 Callistemon Close, Warabrook NSW 2304
Maximum Student Numbers
The total cost is $115.00 per person
Students are required to have the physical ability to successfully complete the practical aspects of CPR.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills are required at a level to read, complete, interpret and communicate workplace documents and procedures and perform basic calculations
- Students are required to pass an LLN assessment
- Theory: classroom based, including PowerPoint presentations, trainer demonstrations and group discussions
- Practical: using CPR equipment in multiple simulated work scenarios
- Multiple choice and short answer written assessment
- Targeted questioning
- Observation of practical skills during simulated work activities
- Appropriate clothing including enclosed footwear
- Note: all course resource materials are provided
- To view/download the Student Information Handbook, go to the Student Resources page
- To view/download the Complaints and Appeals Policy, go to the Student Resources page
- To view/download the Fee and Refund Policy, go to the Student Resources page
To view/download the Maxwell Training's Standard Terms and Conditions, go to the Student Resources page.
|Course Start Date||Time||Available Spaces||Cost||Single Booking||Corporate Booking|
|13 December 2023||07:15 am - 11:30 am||2||$115.00|
|10 January 2024||07:15 am - 11:30 am||3||$115.00|
|24 January 2024||07:15 am - 11:30 am||3||$115.00|
Contact us if you have any questions or to book over the phone.
“Really appreciate the quality of course delivery. Great Morning.”
– Matthew S, Student
“I’ve never done a first aid course as good as this one due to the trainer being so knowledgeable, approachable and having professional experience.”
– Nick, Student
“Always a pleasure to attend a training course at Maxwell 😊👍”
– Jimilai L, Student
About Maxwell Training
Maxwell Training Pty Ltd t/as Maxwell Recruitment & Training (RTO 41350) delivers nationally recognised training courses under the AQF. Our state-of-the-art training facility features our custom-engineered training simulator, which closely simulates the work environment.