Work Safely at Heights (1 day)
RIIWHS204E Work Safely at Heights
This Work Safely at Heights training course covers working safely at heights in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task, accessing and installing equipment, performing work at heights and cleaning up the work area. This course is appropriate for operators working at heights.
View Course Details
Work Safely at Heights
On successful completion, Maxwell Training issues students with a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework for the following unit of competency:
- RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights
This course covers working safely at heights in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task, accessing and installing equipment, performing work at heights and cleaning up the work area. This course is appropriate for operators working at heights.
- Accessing, interpreting and applying technical and safety information for working at heights
- Assessing hazards and risk associated with working at heights and implement control methods
- Selecting wearing and caring for personal protective equipment
- Identifying required safety systems including fall protection and associated equipment
- Checking that fitting, adjusting and anchoring of fall protection and associated equipment is correct
- Performing work safely at heights
Course duration is one day (approximately 8 hours). Start time is 7.30am – Finish time is 3.30pm.
Location of Training
Delivered at the Maxwell Training facility, 17 Callistemon Close, Warabrook NSW 2304
Maximum Student Numbers
The total cost is $215.00 per person
Students are required to have the physical ability to successfully complete the practical aspects of working at heights and associated tasks. These may include, but are not limited to climbing ladders whilst maintaining three points of contact, donning and wearing a full body harness and being suspended in full body harness.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills are required at a level to read, complete, interpret and communicate workplace documents and procedures and perform basic calculations
- Students are required to pass an LLN assessment
- Theory: classroom based, including PowerPoint presentations, trainer demonstrations and group discussions
- Practical: using height safety equipment in multiple simulated work activities
- Multiple choice and short answer written assessment (50 min)
- Observation of practical skills during simulated work activities (2 hr 30 min)
- Appropriate clothing including enclosed footwear
- Note: all course resource materials are provided
- To view/download the Student Information Handbook, go to the Student Resources page
- To view/download the Complaints and Appeals Policy, go to the Student Resources page
- To view/download the Fee and Refund Policy, go to the Student Resources page
To view/download the Maxwell Training's Standard Terms and Conditions, go to the Student Resources page.
|Course Start Date||Time||Available Spaces||Cost||Single Booking||Corporate Booking|
|26 August 2022||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||6||$215.00|
|2 September 2022||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||12||$215.00|
|8 September 2022||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||14||$215.00|
|16 September 2022||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||15||$215.00|
|22 September 2022||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||14||$215.00|
|30 September 2022||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||13||$215.00|
Contact us if you have any questions or to book over the phone.
Maxwell Training Pty Limited
Registered Training Organisation (RTO code 41350) delivering nationally recognised training courses under the AQF.