Confined Space Refresher
This course is for those who hold current Confined Space competencies and require their competencies to be refreshed.
This Confined Space Refresher training course is designed to refresh students in competencies previously taught over the 2 & 3 day confined space training program into 1 day.
It is an industry requirement that Confined Space is refreshed every 2 - 3 years dependant on the company/site policy and procedure.
Students will only receive recognition for the units of competency they have been previously awarded.
You must call our office to make bookings.
|Date||Time||Available Spaces||Cost||Single Booking||Corporate Booking|
|9 December 2019||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||6||$195.00|
Confined Space Refresher
On successful completion, Maxwell Training issues students with a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. Students will only receive recognition for the units of competency they have been previously awarded. These include the following units of competency:
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMPER300 Issue work permits
- MSMPER202 Observe permit work
- MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
- MSMWHS216 Operate breathing apparatus
- MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
- PUASAR025A Undertake confined space rescue
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This confined space refresher training course is structured for persons who are required to enter and work in a confined space as well as persons conducting standby duties or to conduct a confined space rescue.
Training covers how to work in accordance with Australian Standard 2865-2009 and relevant codes of practice.
Participants will have an understanding of Risk Assessment procedures and permits for confined space work.
Participants will undergo both theory and practical scenarios with an experienced confined space trainer and assessor and training can be completed which will be based upon the individual needs of your workplace.
On successful completion of the course, students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. Students will receive recognition of refresher training for the units of competency they have been previously issued.
This Confined Space Refresher training course is designed to refresh students in competencies previously taught over the 2 & 3 day confined space training program into 1 day. The following subjects covered are:
- WH&S Legislation
- Confined Space Regulations
- Codes of Practice & Australian Standards
- Case studies from Industry
- Risk Assessment & Hierarchy of Hazard Control
- Management and Employee Responsibilities
- Developing Site Procedures & Safe Work Methods
- Safe Handling of Equipment
- Ropes and Knots
- Gas Detection
- Breathing Apparatus
- Safe Methods of Entry & Exit of the Confined Space
- Legal Requirements of the standby person
- Initiation of Rescue Personnel
- The course is a combination of theory and practical sessions conducted by an experienced confined space trainer and assessor.
- Australian Standard 2865-2009 recommends that refresher training is to be conducted every 12 months in order to maintain a safe place of work when working in or on confined spaces.
Course duration is one day (approximately 8 hours). Start time is 7.30am – Finish time is 3.30pm
Location of Training
Delivered at the Maxwell Training facility, 17 Callistemon Close, Warabrook NSW 2304
Maximum Student Numbers
The total cost is $195.00 plus GST per person
Hold a current (3 years or less) Confined Space qualification.
- Students are required to have the physical ability to successfully complete the practical aspects of entering and working in confined spaces and associated tasks. These may include, but are not limited to climbing ladders whilst maintaining three points of contact, donning and wearing a full body harness and being suspended in full body harness, entering and working in a confined space and manual handling
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Language, literacy and numeracy skills are required at a level to read, complete, interpret and communicate workplace documents and procedures and perform basic calculations
- Theory – classroom based, including PowerPoint presentations, trainer demonstrations and group discussions
- Practical – using safety equipment in multiple simulated work activities
- Multiple choice and short answer written assessment
- Targeted questioning
- Observation of practical skills during simulated work activities
Student Must Provide
- Lunch (Maxwell Training provide coffee, tea, water and biscuits only)
- Appropriate clothing including enclosed footwear
Additional Student Information
To view/download the Student Information Handbook, go to the Student Resources page
To view/download the Complaints and Appeals Policy, go to the Student Resources page
To view/download the Fee and Refund Policy, go to the Student Resources page
Terms and Conditions
To view/download the Maxwell Training's Standard Terms and Conditions, go to the Student Resources page.
Please telephone us on 1300 MAXWEL for upcoming Course dates and for bookings.
PLEASE DO NOT use the 'Book Now' buttons below.