Gas Test Atmospheres (½ day)
MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
This Gas Test Atmospheres course covers testing the working atmosphere to determine if it is safe for the proposed work, including using electronic testing apparatus.
Note: For most of our coursework, students will be provided iPads to complete assessments and forms.
View Course Details
Gas Test Atmospheres
On successful completion, Maxwell Training issues students with a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework for the following units of competency:
- MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
This course covers the competencies associated with testing the working atmosphere to determine if it is safe for the proposed work. Testing involves the use of electronic test apparatus.
- Determine type of gas/atmosphere to be tested
- Select and calibrate equipment
- Identify hazards and implement control measures
- Interpret, report and monitor gas on an ongoing basis and take required action
- Maintenance of equipment
Course duration is 4 hours.
Location of Training
Delivered at the Maxwell Training facility, 17 Callistemon Close, Warabrook NSW 2304
Maximum Student Numbers
The total cost is $141.00 per person
Students are required to have the physical ability to successfully complete the practical aspects of gas test atmospheres and associated tasks.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills are required at a level to read, complete, interpret and communicate workplace documents and procedures and perform basic calculations
- Students are required to pass an LLN assessment
- Theory: classroom based, including PowerPoint presentations, trainer demonstrations and group discussions
- Practical: using safety equipment in multiple simulated work activities
- Multiple choice and short answer written assessment
- Targeted questioning
- Observation of practical skills during simulated work activities
- Lunch (Maxwell Training provide coffee, tea, water and biscuits only)
- It is recommended that students wear the following PPE supplied by themselves: hard hats, long clothing(jeans acceptable), steel cap boots, and gloves.
- Note: all course resource materials are provided
- To view/download the Student Information Handbook, go to the Student Resources page
- To view/download the Complaints and Appeals Policy, go to the Student Resources page
- To view/download the Fee and Refund Policy, go to the Student Resources page
To view/download the Maxwell Training's Standard Terms and Conditions, go to the Student Resources page.
|Course Start Date||Time||Available Spaces||Cost||Single Booking||Corporate Booking|
Contact us if you have any questions or to book over the phone.
“Really appreciate the quality of course delivery. Great Morning.”
– Matthew S, Student
“One of the best trainers I’ve encountered & I’ve encountered plenty.”
– Pat, Student
“Always a pleasure to attend a training course at Maxwell 😊👍”
– Jimilai L, Student
About Maxwell Training
Maxwell Training Pty Ltd t/as Maxwell Recruitment & Training (RTO 41350) delivers nationally recognised training courses under the AQF. Our state-of-the-art training facility features our custom-engineered training simulator, which closely simulates the work environment.