Low Volt Rescue CPR (½ day)
UETDRRF004 Provide rescue from a live Low Voltage Panel
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
(Note: HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is a pre-requisite)
This LVR CPR training course covers the performance of rescue procedures from live Low Voltage apparatus in the workplace (excluding overhead lines and underground cables), as well as the skills and knowledge required to perform CPR.
Note: For most of our coursework, students will be provided iPads to complete assessments and forms.
View Course Details
Low Volt Rescue CPR
On successful completion, Maxwell Training issues students with a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework for the following units of competency:
- UETDRRF004 Provide rescue from a live Low Voltage Panel
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
(Note: HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is a pre-requisite to UETDRRF004 Provide rescue from a live low voltage panel)
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
This unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
This course also covers the performance of rescue procedures from live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the work place. It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Perform CPR procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
- Prepare to perform rescue procedures from live LV panel
- Carry out rescue from live LV panel
- Complete the LV panel rescue procedure
Course duration is 4.5 hours. Course times are 7.30am - 12:00pm
Location of Training
Delivered at the Maxwell Training facility, 17 Callistemon Close, Warabrook NSW 2304
Maximum Student Numbers
The total cost is $141.00 per person
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is a pre-requisite
Students are required to have the physical ability to successfully complete the practical aspects of CPR and remove a casualty from a LV Panel using a crook.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills are required at a level to read, complete, interpret and communicate workplace documents and procedures and perform basic calculations
- Students are required to pass an LLN assessment
- Theory: classroom based, including PowerPoint presentations, trainer demonstrations and group discussions
- Practical: using safety equipment in multiple simulated work activities
- Multiple choice and short answer written assessment
- Targeted questioning
- Observation of practical skills during simulated work activities
- Appropriate clothing including enclosed footwear
- Note: all course resource materials are provided
- To view/download the Student Information Handbook, go to the Student Resources page
- To view/download the Complaints and Appeals Policy, go to the Student Resources page
- To view/download the Fee and Refund Policy, go to the Student Resources page
To view/download the Maxwell Training's Standard Terms and Conditions, go to the Student Resources page.
|Course Start Date||Time||Available Spaces||Cost||Single Booking||Corporate Booking|
|12 December 2023||07:30 am - 12:00 pm||1||$141.00|
|20 December 2023||07:30 am - 12:00 pm||1||$141.00|
|4 January 2024||07:30 am - 12:00 pm||12||$141.00|
|9 January 2024||07:30 am - 12:00 pm||4||$141.00|
|11 January 2024||07:30 am - 12:00 pm||4||$141.00|
|16 January 2024||07:30 am - 12:00 pm||5||$141.00|
|23 January 2024||07:30 am - 12:00 pm||11||$141.00|
|6 February 2024||07:30 am - 12:00 pm||5||$141.00|
.“Fantastic LVR CPR course and a fantastic teacher. Course and teacher was very instructive, informative and very helpful.”
– Joel, Student
.“Great course yet again, after 12 years in the mining and rail industry this is one of if not best locations for trainer knowledge and experience which makes it very interesting and involved”
– Jarod, Student
.“Very engaging and an impressive enthusiasm made for an enjoyable and informative experience. Great LVR CPR presentation.”
– Mike, Student
About Maxwell Training
Maxwell Training Pty Ltd t/as Maxwell Recruitment & Training (RTO 41350) delivers nationally recognised training courses under the AQF. Our state-of-the-art training facility features our custom-engineered training simulator, which closely simulates the work environment.