Provide First Aid incl. CPR (1 day + online theory)
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID011 Provide first aid
This course covers the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response to a casualty and the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. This course is appropriate for workers who may be required to provide a first aid or CPR response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
View Course Details
Provide First Aid incl. CPR
On successful completion, Maxwell Training issues students with a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework for the following unit of competency:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
This course covers the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response to a casualty and the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
This course is appropriate for workers who may be required to provide a first aid or CPR response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
- Recognise, respond, identify and assess emergency situations
- Perform CPR is accordance with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Display respectful behaviour and obtain consent from casualty where possible
- Use and operate available first aid equipment and resources
- Monitor and respond to casualty's condition in accordance with first aid principles
- Accurately convey and report details of incident whilst maintaining confidentiality of records and information
- Evaluate the incident and own performance
- Theory Component: Online study and Assessment of approximately 4 hours
- Practical Component: Duration is 1 day in classroom/practical area.
- Theory Component: Online
- Practical Component: Delivered at the Maxwell Training facility, 17 Callistemon Close, Warabrook NSW 2304
The total cost is $215.00 per person
- The Online Assessment must be completed and marked Satisfactory prior to the course practical commencement
- Access to a computer or tablet and reliable internet
- Computer literacy including ability to search the internet, navigate websites and enter data
- Students are required to have the physical ability to successfully complete the practical aspects of first aid and CPR
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills are required at a level to read, complete, interpret and communicate workplace documents and procedures and perform basic calculations
- Students are required to pass an LLN assessment
- Theory: online, including written course material, videos and other resources
- Practical: trainer demonstrations, group discussion, and using first aid equipment in multiple simulated scenarios
- Multiple choice Online Assessment
- Targeted questioning during practical
- Observation of practical skills during simulated work activities
- Appropriate clothing (i.e. clothing that allows movement and maintains modesty, and enclosed footwear).
Additional Student Information
- To view/download the Student Information Handbook, go to the Student Resources page
- To view/download the Complaints and Appeals Policy, go to the Student Resources page
- To view/download the Fee and Refund Policy, go to the Student Resources page
To view/download the Maxwell Training's Standard Terms and Conditions, go to the Student Resources page.
If you have any questions, please make an enquiry.
|Course Start Date||Time||Available Spaces||Cost||Single Booking||Corporate Booking|
|15 September 2022||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||15||$215.00|
|29 September 2022||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||16||$215.00|
|13 October 2022||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||14||$215.00|
|27 October 2022||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||15||$215.00|
Contact us if you have any questions or to book over the phone.
Maxwell Training Pty Limited
Registered Training Organisation (RTO code 41350) delivering nationally recognised training courses under the AQF.