Work Safely at Heights Refresher (½ day)
RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights
This Work Safely at Heights refresher course covers working safely at heights in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task, accessing and installing equipment, performing work at heights and cleaning up the work area. This course is appropriate for operators working at heights.
Note: For most of our coursework, students will be provided iPads to complete assessments and forms.
View Course Details
This Work Safely at Heights Refresher training course is designed to retrain students in a 1/2 day for the unit of competency previously taught in the Work Safely at Heights 1 day course.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded a Statement of Attainment from us provided they supply us with their existing Statement of Attainment as follows:
|Unit of Competency||Must have been
|RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights||3 years|
To book, contact us by email to [email protected] or call 1300 MAXWEL (1300 629 935). Note you will be required to provide your existing Statement of Attainment for confined space training prior to the course start date.
Work Safely at Heights Refresher
On successful completion‚ Maxwell Training issues students with a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework for the following unit of competency:
- RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights
This course covers working safely at heights in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task, accessing and installing equipment, performing work at heights and cleaning up the work area. This course is appropriate for operators working at heights.
- Accessing, interpreting and applying technical and safety information for working at heights
- Assessing hazards and risk associated with working at heights and implement control methods
- Selecting wearing and caring for personal protective equipment
- Identifying required safety systems including fall protection and associated equipment
- Checking that fitting, adjusting and anchoring of fall protection and associated equipment is correct
- Performing work safely at heights
Course duration is half a day (approximately 4 hours). Start time is 7.30am – finish time is 11.30 am.
Location of Training
Delivered at the Maxwell Training facility, 17 Callistemon Close, Warabrook NSW 2304
Maximum Student Numbers
The total cost is $141.00 per person
Must hold a current Working Safely at Heights Statement of Attainment with in the last 3 years of our course date.
- RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights or its predecessor
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills are required at a level to read, complete, interpret and communicate workplace documents and procedures and perform basic calculations
- Students are required to pass an LLN assessment
- Theory: classroom based, including PowerPoint presentations, trainer demonstrations and group discussions
- Practical: using height safety equipment in multiple simulated work activities
- Multiple choice and short answer written assessment
- Observation of practical skills during simulated work activities
- It is recommended that students wear the following PPE supplied by themselves: hard hats, long clothing(jeans acceptable), steel cap boots, and gloves.
- Note: all course resource materials are provided
- To view/download the Student Information Handbook, go to the Student Resources page
- To view/download the Complaints and Appeals Policy, go to the Student Resources page
- To view/download the Fee and Refund Policy, go to the Student Resources page
To view/download the Maxwell Training's Standard Terms and Conditions, go to the Student Resources page.
Please telephone us on 1300 MAXWEL for upcoming Course dates and for bookings.
Book Training Now
|Course Start Date||Time||Available Spaces||Cost||Single Booking||Corporate Booking|
|8 January 2024||07:30 am - 11:30 am||9||$141.00|
|15 January 2024||07:30 am - 11:30 am||9||$141.00|
|22 January 2024||07:30 am - 11:30 am||9||$141.00|
|29 January 2024||07:30 am - 11:30 am||12||$141.00|
“This heights training was VERY professional and very informing. Excellent presentation.”
– Josh, Student
“The trainer was exceptionally clear on all content, well spoken, and didn’t carry on with any unnecessary stuff. Probably the best trainer to date.”
– Daniel, Student
“Best training facility I have been to. Everything was easy from enrolment, and u can even park!”
– Eris, Student
About Maxwell Training
Maxwell Training Pty Ltd t/as Maxwell Recruitment & Training (RTO 41350) delivers nationally recognised training courses under the AQF. Our state-of-the-art training facility features our custom-engineered training simulator, which closely simulates the work environment.