Work Safely at Heights Refresher (5 hrs)
RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights
This Work Safely at Heights refresher course covers working safely at heights in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task, accessing and installing equipment, performing work at heights and cleaning up the work area. This course is appropriate for operators working at heights.
View Course Details
This Work Safely at Heights Refresher training course is designed to retrain students in a 1/2 day for the unit of competency previously taught in the Work Safely at Heights 1 day course.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded a Statement of Attainment from us provided they supply us with their existing Statement of Attainment as follows:
|Unit of Competency||Must have been
|RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights||3 years|
To book, contact us by email to email@example.com or call 1300 MAXWEL (1300 629 935). Note you will be required to provide your existing Statement of Attainment for confined space training prior to the course start date.
Work Safely at Heights Refresher
On successful completion‚ Maxwell Training issues students with a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework for the following unit of competency:
- RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights
This course covers working safely at heights in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task, accessing and installing equipment, performing work at heights and cleaning up the work area. This course is appropriate for operators working at heights.
- Accessing, interpreting and applying technical and safety information for working at heights
- Assessing hazards and risk associated with working at heights and implement control methods
- Selecting wearing and caring for personal protective equipment
- Identifying required safety systems including fall protection and associated equipment
- Checking that fitting, adjusting and anchoring of fall protection and associated equipment is correct
- Performing work safely at heights
Course duration is half a day (approximately 4 hours). Start time is 7.30am – finish time is 11.30 am.
Location of Training
Delivered at the Maxwell Training facility, 17 Callistemon Close, Warabrook NSW 2304
Maximum Student Numbers
The total cost is $126.08 per person
Must hold a current Working Safely at Heights Statement of Attainment with the following Unit of Competency within 3 years of our course date:
- RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights
Students are required to have the physical ability to successfully complete the practical aspects of working at heights and associated tasks. These may include, but are not limited to climbing ladders whilst maintaining three points of contact, donning and wearing a full body harness and being suspended in full body harness
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills are required at a level to read, complete, interpret and communicate workplace documents and procedures and perform basic calculations
- Students are required to pass an LLN assessment
- Theory: classroom based, including PowerPoint presentations, trainer demonstrations and group discussions
- Practical: using height safety equipment in multiple simulated work activities
- Multiple choice and short answer written assessment
- Observation of practical skills during simulated work activities
- Appropriate clothing including enclosed footwear
- Note: all course resource materials are provided
- To view/download the Student Information Handbook, go to the Student Resources page
- To view/download the Complaints and Appeals Policy, go to the Student Resources page
- To view/download the Fee and Refund Policy, go to the Student Resources page
To view/download the Maxwell Training's Standard Terms and Conditions, go to the Student Resources page.
View our video demonstration of some of the practical skills covered at training:
Please telephone us on 1300 MAXWEL for upcoming Course dates and for bookings.
|Course Start Date||Time||Available Spaces||Cost||Single Booking||Corporate Booking|
|27 September 2021||07:30 am - 11:30 am||5||$126.08|
|11 October 2021||07:30 am - 11:30 am||6||$126.08|
|18 October 2021||07:30 am - 11:30 am||10||$126.08|
|25 October 2021||07:30 am - 11:30 am||12||$126.08|
|1 November 2021||07:30 am - 11:30 am||12||$126.08|
|8 November 2021||07:30 am - 11:30 am||12||$126.08|
|15 November 2021||07:30 am - 11:30 am||12||$126.08|
|22 November 2021||07:30 am - 11:30 am||12||$126.08|
|29 November 2021||07:30 am - 11:30 am||12||$126.08|
|6 December 2021||07:30 am - 11:30 am||12||$126.08|
|13 December 2021||07:30 am - 11:30 am||12||$126.08|
|20 December 2021||07:30 am - 11:30 am||12||$126.08|
Maxwell Training Pty Limited
Registered Training Organisation (RTO code 41350) delivering nationally approved training courses under the AQF.